Tue, 23 June 2015
1986 was an important year for Milan’s history. It was the year that Silvio Berlusconi bought the club, beginning the years of big spending and no accountability. It was also the beginning of Sinisa Mihajlovic’ senior playing career. And it’s the year that seems to keep on giving, as Galliani seems stuck in the year 1986 as far as his transfer dealings, and now we have Mihajlovic, former Roma, Sampdoria, Lazio, and Inter player as the coach who is supposed to pull us out of a slump that is actually worse than where we were in 1986. So there’s nothing to celebrate, but for this podcast, we’re going to party like it’s 1986.
• News of the Week: Serie A promotions, Mastour’s choice, Menez’ surgery, Abate’s wedding, Lyon friendly, Milan’s ticket campaign
• Mercato: deals that are done
• Galliani: living in 1986
• New Coach: looking at Mihajlovic
Thanks again to Jovan for a great discussion and for sharing his valuable time with us. Check out fantasyseriea.com for the upcoming season for fun and a chance to choose your own players instead of just settling for Galliani’s free transfers.
Tue, 9 June 2015
It was difficult to find much to laugh about this past season, but there were plenty of tears. Tears and pain and frustration and drinking… lots of drinking. But if you’re listening to this podcast, you probably survived, one way or the other. So trying to add a little laughter, but unwittingly causing tears, we got together to try to make some sense of what just happened this year.
For this conversation, I needed a couple of people who have bled red and black with me throughout Milan’s demise. From Argentina, we were joined by Francesco, aka the President of the Curva Sud America. He can be followed on Twitter @FrancescoPetra8. Joining us from Florida was Derwuin, of @ToePokePod fame. You can follow him @D_Mendez3, if you dare. We discussed:
• News of the Week: NT callups, Ancelotti declines, Essien out, Zapata speaks out, Cerci robbed of his manhood and more, Abate to tie the knot, Blatter steps down
• Champions League Final: looking from the outside in
• Bee Taechaubol: update on the agreement to purchase a minority share
• Squad Assessment: talking about players who might leave, and some that should
• Farewell: Saying goodbye to legends
Thanks again to Francesco and Derwuin for celebrating the tragedy that is Milan this season. Follow Francesco on Twitter @FrancescoPetra8. Also follow Derwuin @D_Mendez3 and check out his podcast by following @ToePokePod on Twitter.
Mon, 1 June 2015
Finally the torture is over. I’ve never been so relieved for Serie A to end. Between the poor performances, worse results, Curva’s lame boycotts, and Galliani being in denial and bringing in players by the dozens, this season couldn’t end soon enough. But what’s next? Based on the things we know and the things we’ve heard and the great unknown, we talked about the state of Milan, with the focus being on management.
For an epic discussion, I needed epic guests. So joining me this time was Pete of pdacquaviva.com. You can follow him on Twitter @PDAcquaviva. Also joining me was David of acmilanfinance.com. You can follow him on Twitter @DavidLSwan. We discussed:
• News of the Week: Audi Cup, cryogenic chambers, Rami meltdown, FIFA meltdown, Paletta, @Milanello returns
• Season to Date: our final results from Serie A
• The State of Milan: Berlusconi, Galliani, Inzaghi, Ancelotti, the Squad, Barbara Berlusconi
Thanks again to David and Pete for some epic Milan conversation Be sure to follow them on Twitter @DavidLSwan and @PDAcquaviva. And checkout acmilanfinance.com and listen to the “Podcast without a Plan” at pdacquaviva.com and checkout.